The cabbage soup diet has been one of the most popular diets recently, especially for those who want to lose weight quickly in a short period of time.
The cabbage soup diet, also known as the Sacred Heart Hospital diet or the Mayo Clinic diet, which was claimed to make one lose 4.5 pounds a week, was first developed to make pre-operative patients lose weight quickly before the surgery. Then after intensive gossip about the success of the cabbage diet, many people started to use it.
What is the cabbage soup diet, how it is made, benefits, what are the cons, let’s look at each one.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you start your cabbage soup diet, you should consult your doctor. Since it is a low-calorie and limited diet, the cabbage soup diet must be practiced by a doctor. Do not hurt your health while trying to lose weight.
What is the cabbage soup diet?
It is a very popular diet as helps people lose weight fast. It is centered around cabbage soup that is why we call it cabbage soup diet.
In the cabbage soup diet, which provides strong and fast fat burning, besides cabbage soup, the diet plan includes one or two kinds of food such as skim milk, vegetables and fruit.
The most important thing to note about this diet, which is already alleged to have burned more calories than you received from cabbage soup, which is very low calorie itself, is not maintained for more than 1 week.
If you want to continue to lose weight, you should give 15 days break and start again. Of course, with your doctor’s approval …
7-day cabbage soup diet plan
We learned what a fat-burning, weight-loss cabbage soup diet is. Now, let’s talk about how to apply this diet plan and what to eat for a week according to this diet.
We want to remind you our very important warning again at this point. The cabbage soup diet should never be done for more than 1 week, and you should consult your doctor before you decide to go on the diet. Do not apply this sample list without consulting your doctor.
You can have as much cabbage soup as you like, at the amount you want. Eat plenty of fruit beside it, just stay away from the banana.
You can consume unlimited cabbage soup and vegetables. Here’s what you need to look out for: peas, corn and beans. You can also have a boiled potato in the evening. On the second day you should not eat fruit at all, you should not forget to drink plenty of water.
You are free to consume as much cabbage soup as you want and vegetables until you are satisfied except starchy foods such as corn and potatoes. You can also eat other fruit except banana, you can drink tea but with no sugar. Do not forget to drink lots of water.
You can consume unlimited cabbage soup, consume three bananas and drink skim milk.
You can eat 500 grams of white or red meat and fresh tomatoes. You can eat unlimited cabbage soup.
You can eat unlimited cabbage soup, as well as cooked vegetables except for fat-free red meat and potatoes.
On the last day you can also consume unlimited cabbage soup, plus brown rice, low calorie vegetables, natural fruit juices without additives.
Cabbage Soup Recipe: How to cook Cabbage Soup?
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can basil, oregano, garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- few shakes of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Stir in garlic.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt (if using)
- Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
What are the benefits of the cabbage?
- It makes more edema and fat get out of the body as it activates the circulation system.
- Its fast fat burning feature makes it easy to lose weight.
- A bowl of cabbage contains about 33 calories, and this miracle food also increases bowel movements, resolves constipation problems.
- It fights against infectious diseases thanks to its secret weapons in its leaves.
- The cabbage, rich in vitamin C, helps strengthen the body’s immune system.
- It contains a very rich amount of ingredients and components to slow the spread of cancer cells.
- Regular consumption of cabbage prevents the emergence of mental illnesses such as Alzheimer’s.
- The abundant amount of beta-carotene reduces the risk of vision disorders and eye diseases.
- The sulfur It contains fights against acne and acne scars and cleans the skin.
- Vitamin D in It delays signs of aging of the skin, slows down aging.
- Thanks to the vitamin A in it, you will get more healthy and shiny hair.
Cons of Cabbage Soup Diet
As in all diets, there are things to watch out for while following the cabbage soup diet. It’s possible to sort them like this:
- The cabbage soup diet should not be done for longer than 1 week, as we have already mentioned several times before. If you want to continue to this diet, you must give a break at least two weeks.
- During this diet you will have to consume too many cabbages, which can cause gas and bloating on the mids, causing some stomach problems.
- The cabbage soup diet is a type of diet based on single food, which can cause your weight loss rate and your metabolism to slow down.
- The cabbage soup diet can help you lose weight quickly, but you can lose weight at the same rate if you leave it on a very limited diet.
- Another disadvantage of this diet is that it is a restricted diet in terms of other nutrients, which leads to lack of vitamins and minerals and low protein intake. This means that it is difficult to prevent muscle loss during the diet.
- Since this diet is a very low calorie diet, 34% of weight loss will be fat, the remainin will be consist of water and muscle loss. Your kidneys normally throw more salt and more water into your urine. So it is very, very important that you take utmost care to consume water throughout your diet.
Let’s remember once again that if the amount of calories you need to take per day is 1200 for women and 1500 calories for men and that the cabbage soup diet is a maximum 1000 calorie diet, you should never apply without consulting your doctor. This diet can cause dizziness, weakness and weakness in normal individuals, and can cause stomach problems such as gas accumulation and cramps due to its abundant fibrous structure.
Due to low carbohydrate and low calorie content, this diet can cause major changes in the blood sugar balance. This is why it is of great benefit if diabetics are also careful and do not make this diet without a doctor’s recommendation.