Coconut oil is a wonderful oil that has countless benefits for the skin; It moisturizes the skin naturally, destroys stains on the skin, heals eczema, removes the bruising, corrects the skin from the inside and makes it beautiful. You can use coconut oil safely for your face, eyes and skin. The benefits of coconut oil for your skin are as follows:
The Benefits of Coconut Oil
It Moisturizes the Skin
The fatty acids found in coconut oil moisturize the skin deeply and prevent it from drying. Besides the moisturizing feature, the coconut oil you apply to your skin will also be very useful for skin health. Another good thing is that coconut oil is suitable for all skin types.
In a report published in Dermatitis Magazine in 2004, coconut oil has been stated to contain effective minerals as a moisturizer.
- Heat some coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Apply warm oil to your skin by massaging it.
- Rinse when it is thoroughly absorbed by the skin.
- Apply it daily as you need it.
- After shower, you can apply coconut oil to your skin. Since the skin is warm and moist after the shower, it will absorb the oil better.
Removes stains on the skin
Coconut oil is an excellent source to help you get rid of stains on the skin. Vitamin E and antioxidants accelerates the healing process in the skin and prevents new stains from occurring. In addition, it increases collagen production and heals the damage that free radicals inflict on the skin.
- Warm up some coconut oil.
- Make a 5-10-minute message to the area with the stain.
- Let the skin oil wait for 1 hour until you have a good beating.
- For good results, apply this process 2 to 4 times a day.
Makes Skin Look Beautiful
Coconut oil; Improves collagen production that prevents signs of aging, such as tone irregularities and age spots on the skin. The antioxidant feature helps to fight free radicals and feed the damaged skin. It also contains lauric acid, which has anti-bacterial properties that may help to destroy pimples.
Besides; It can also be used to treat chronic dry skin, eczema and psoriasis. In a study published in Dermatitis Magazine in 2004, it was noted that the minerals in coconut oil were effective and safe when used as a moisturizer.
It also serves as a natural sunscreen that helps protect the skin from the sun rays, and sun rays are one of the main reasons behind the premature aging of the skin.
- To preserve moisture on your skin, massage your body with coconut oil after taking a shower. Try to do it every day.
- You can make a soft body scrub by combining coconut oil with granulated sugar. Gently rub this peelingle once a week on your skin.
- Also, add 2 tbsp coconut oil to your diet to keep your body healthy and to prevent age-related diseases.
It is good for eczema
Coconut oil is one of the most popular medications used for eczema. It has anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-microbial and antioxidant properties. It is also a source of healthy vitamins such as lauric acid and vitamin K and E vitamins. These vitamins helps to combat itching and soften the skin. To get effective results, use cold pressed coconut oil.
- Apply coconut oil several times a day directly to the affected area to instantly get rid of itching or mild pain. Continue the application until the symptoms pass completely.
- You can also consume 2 to 4 tbsp coconut oil per day to alleviate the symptoms of eczema and help improve overall immunity. You can eat coconut oil, add it to food or beverages.
It is helpful for getting rid of redness
The high fatty acid content of coconut oil helps to reduce inflammation and revitalize the skin. In addition, the moisturizing feature fights against skin dryness and redness, a common cause of rash.
- Take coconut oil to a piece of cotton and gently massage your skin to the affected area. Wait 1 night and wash your face with warm water the next morning. Repeat this for a few weeks.
- Another option is to add 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil to 1 tbsp coconut oil. Apply this oil mixture to the affected area. Wait 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse using warm water. You can apply this method 2 or 3 times a day.
It heals small wounds
The anti-bacterial, inflammation remover, moisturizing and healing properties within coconut oil are very effective for the wounds. It has been proven as a result of many work done. Coconut oil also prevents the infection and passes the wounds.
- Rub coconut oil on the affected area.
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Repeat this 2 or 3 times a day.
- To get rid of the wounds, apply this method for several days.
Bad sides of coconut oil
Coconut oil can cause pubescence in some people. In addition, Some people may be allergic to this oil which may result in rash and itching.
Also Read: How to Use Coconut Oil for Psoriasis