Karatay diet is the most famous and common diet followed in Turkey. It is also one of the most effective diets, when we look at the feedback from people who used it to lose weight and have a healthy life.And, It is one of the easiest because It doesn’t force you to stay hungry for hours. It was found by Canan Karatay who is a professor actively working at the major universities in Turkey. Its main philosophy is to ban bread from all meals. Is defends that most of the illnesses result from bread and sugar consumption. It supports eating lots of meat and natural animal fats.
Who is Canan Karatay?
Canan Karatay is a distinguished heart surgeon in Turkey. She is mostly known for her anti-capitalist diet speeches, though. She opposed to many well-known common diet habits in Turkey and taught people the truths mostly known as incorrect. She composed her diet program and was appreciated by many people who used and benefited from her advice.
The Main Principals
Karatay Diet is more correctly a life style rather than a diet. It doesnt tell you what to eat at each meal time. It tells you how to eat and what to eat in general. Here are the general rules of karatay diet.
- Stay away from bread. As it raises blood sugar, it causes to gain weight. You may eat nuts instead of bread.
- Healthy oils, butter, protein and carbonhydrates are free to consume.
- Most of the illnesses icluding obesity and over weight can be prevented by reducing sugar, salt and refined flour cunsumption.
- You cannot löse weight by starving or without moving. When you are hungry, your metabolism slows down, which again may result in gaining weight. So, you must eat healthy food until you get satisfied.
- You must dring about two litres of water in a day.
- If you do not move enough in your Daily life, you must go out and walk at least one hour daily.
- You must not cunsume and fizzy and over sugary unnatural drinks or any other unnatural drinks.
- There must be 2 meal times a day (if possible). You must avoid snacks. There must be at least 4-5 hours of time between meals.
- You must not eat anything after 8:00 pm.
- You must use natural oil or butter in your meals. You must not use any sunflower oil or maize extract oil.
- Meals ust be cooked at low heat for longer times.
- You must at least two times a go to toilet.
- Anyfood processed or that contains additives must not be consumed.
Meal Times for Karatay Diet
- Breakfast: Between 8:00 and 9:00 am.
- Lunch: Between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm.
- Dinner: Between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
You may have snacks at 10: am and 1:00 pm but you should avoid consuming sugar, salt and bread at these snack times.
A lot of people who have weight problems tried karatay diet and got good results. Now it is your turn, you know the general principals. Follow our blog to get sample programs prepared according to karatay diet.